AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS WONDERFUL PRINT
The 174th AHC Association is excited to announce your opportunity to own this wonderful Joe Kline, "limited edition" 20" X 28", signed/numbered print. The prints were produced from the original painting, commissioned specifically by the 174th AHC Association to remember and honor those individuals who served the 174th Assault Helicopter Company.
A Certificate of Authenticity accompanies each print, along with a flier that provides information on how you can further customize your print, if desired, by sending it to Mr. Kline. The prints cannot be purchased from any other source. The 174th AHC Association is the sole distributor of this print.
Current 174th AHC Association members may purchase each print at a cost of $80.00 each (shipping included). Non-Association members may purchase each print at a cost of $110.00 each (shipping included). Payment by check or money order, payable to the 174th AHC Association, must accompany each order. NO COD, Credit card or PayPal accepted.
Send your order request and payment to:
174th AHCA Secretary/Treasurer
Billy R. Wood
131 Amber Lane
Mena, AR. 71953
Questions concerning the purchase of this print should be directed to Billy Wood at email@example.com.
Welcome to the 174th AHC
The 174th Assault Helicopter Company formed at Ft. Benning, GA in 1965. It deployed to Vietnam by U.S. Navy ships in 1966. Our three homes in Vietnam were Lane Army Heliport near Qui Nhon (1966; II-Corps), Duc Pho in Quang Ngai Province (1967-1970; I-Corps), and Chu Lai, basecamp for the Americal Division (1971; also I-Corps).
The 174th flew various models of the UH-1 "Huey" helicopter. We served long and proud in Vietnam and saw much combat action in the rice paddies and mountains in the northern half of South Vietnam from 1966 until 1971, and in Laos during Operation Lam Son 719 in 1971. We have here pictures, stories, and information about the 174th's experiences. This site is dedicated to those Dolphins and Sharks, both pilots and enlisted crewmembers -- brave men all -- who did not return.
"Quotable Quote" by Robert Frost, President, Combat Helicopter Pilots Association (CHPA): I've often said the Huey wasn't the fastest, biggest, most powerful, or most lethal aircraft in the military inventory. But, I believe, based on its service in Vietnam and decades beyond, that it IS the greatest combat aircraft ever used by our military.
News and Announcements
- New 174th Guestbook
- The 174th's guestbook provider, that we've been using over a decade, went out of business suddenly and folded on April 1, 2012 (yep, April Fools Day), taking all our old guestbook entries with them. A new one has been added to the site, starting anew.
- 174th Website's New Look
- You'll note the website has a new look. The front page has undergone a facelift, and with time many sub-pages will also be converted to the new format. Note all major "Contents" items are now contained on the left Navigation Bar. Hover over each bar to display a "flyout" for any subpages each may contain.
- Operation Re-enlist: 174th AHC Association Membership Application
- Click to go to the membership renewal form.
- Join the 174th AHC Listserv
- Our email list has about 350 former members on it now. It is a low-volume (low bandwidth) list to reconnect friends, share information from "back in the day," coordinate information like reunions, and answer questions about other former members and events.